Is traditional evangelism dead?
Did it ever really work to begin with?
Or does it live on in a different way?
These are some of the questions I explore in this months new podcast episode "Is Traditional Evangelism Dead?". In this episode I interview pastor Nathaniel Tan, author of the eBook "Does Traditional Evangelism Still Work?"
We talk about relativism, colonialism, and the future of evangelism in an Adventist context. Here are some of the highlights:
- Traditional Evangelism doesn't work.
- Even when it did "work" it was based on arguments and created a negative culture in the church.
- The rise of relativism has made traditional evangelism obsolete.
- The influence of colonialism must be rejected if we want to secure a positive future for evangelism.
- Public evangelism still has a place and it can still be very effective, but it must be seen as part of a journey and not as the end-all-be-all of evangelism.
You can hear the entire episode here:
Contact Nat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download his eBook "Does Traditional Evangelism Still Work?" here.